Windows 8 employs many more anti-piracy features compared to its predecessors. To install Windows 8, first of all you need a valid license key. Even after you have installed Windows 8 on your system, you are required to activate it. Without activating Windows 8 first, you cannot get access to various settings and control panel features. Unlike previous versions of Windows 8, Windows 7 can automatically attempts to activate itself as soon as you go online. But sometimes it just sticks at the activation process. Here is how you can manually activate Windows 8 :
- First of all make sure that you are connected to the internet. You can check this by running Internet Explorer and opening a website.
- Press keyboard shortcut Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type slmgr -ato and press Enter.
- You would see a Windows Script Host window popup displaying the process of activation. If all goes well, it would show the message Product activated successfully.
- That’s it. You have successfully activated Windows 8 and unlocked all the settings and features.