Microsoft has revamped its long running email service Hotmail and has reintroduced it as Outlook.com. Outlook.com is not to be consfused with Microsoft Outlook – the email client from Microsoft Office. The new Outlook.com would not interfere your older hotmail account in anyway, but would present you with a plethora of newer features inspired by the Windows 8 modern user interface. The Outlook.com interface is based on the tiled Metro UI (Modern UI) that you would find in Windows 8. If you want then you can also get a new email address ending in Outlook.com domain while still keeping the older hotmail email address. This is done by creating an outlook.com alias. Here is how :
- Visit Outlook.com website while you are logged in to your hotmail.com account or live.com account. Then click on the gear-like icon on the top-right corner and select More mail settings as shown in the picture below.
- In the page that opens, you would find a long list of options that you can select from. Select Create a Outlook Alias option under the Managing your account section.
- This would open a page where you can type in the desired email address ending in @outlook.com. The outlook.com email address is newer so it is a high possibility that you can get any email address that you want.
- Next you would have to setup the newly created alias. You can select where to keep the emails sent to your outlook.com email address. You can either create a new folder, or you can keep those emails in your Inbox folder.
- That’s it, now you have an Outlook.com email address alias.
If you have an existing hotmail.com or live.com email address, then you can continue to use it with the new Outlook.com interface. But the new addresses in the Outlook.com domain can also be had easily in form of the aliases. You should quicly go and get outlook.com email address of your name or soon someone else would claim the one you want.