Windows 8 does not allow you to change the guest account picture or the default new user account picture which is assigned to a newly created account by default. These pictures are hardcoded and cannot be changed through any regular settings in Windows. But using our freeware Default Account Picture Changer, you can change the user pictures for the guest account as well as a new user account. Here is how :
Note : Default Account Picture Changer requires administrator access to change the pictures. For safety, you should create a system restore point before proceeding.
- First of all, download the Default Account Picture Changer from default_account_picture_changer.zip and save it to your Windows desktop (or any other place on your hard disk).
- Extract the contents of the downloaded ZIP file to a folder and run PictureChanger.exe.
- Select Standard user account if you want to change the default picture for a new user. Select Guest account if you want to change the guest account picture.
- Click on the Browse button to select an image that you want to set as the default picture for the selected account type. You can select all the popular images formats like JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG etc. The picture should be a square sized picture (with same height and width) and for better results choose a picture of size atleast 500 x 500 pixels.
- Click on the Change button to save the selected picture as the new default account picture for the selected account type.
- You can open the Control Panel and navigate to User Accounts → Manage Accounts section to view the changes.
- Later if you want to restore the original default pictures of the guest account and the standard user account, then just click on the Restore button. This would again change the default user pictures to the ones originally supplied by Windows 8.