Google has offered to boost your security by offering to turn on the 2-step verification system in your Google accounts. The 2-step verification requires that you enter a verification code received on your phone in addition to the usual password. But the 2-step verification is not available for all the Google services like AdSense. Also apps in some of the smartphones are hard coded to ask only for username and password. If you feel uncomfortable using the 2-step verification, then you can choose to turn it off. Here is how :
- Login to your Google account in your web browser and then visit the Security settings for your Google account : https://www.google.com/settings/security/. You might have to enter the password once more to open the settings.
- Click on Settings button shown for 2-step verification in the security settings.
- If you have turned on the 2-step verification for your Google account, then it would show the notification indicating the same. This page would list all your phone numbers, backup verification codes etc. On this page, click on the link Turn off 2-step verification.
- You would be shown a confirmation dialog. You can also choose to clear all the settings for your 2-step verification like phone numbers, backup codes etc. Click OK button in the confirmation dialog to turn off the 2-step verification for your Google account.
- From now on, you will be able to sign on to your Google account by just using your password without requiring any verification code from your mobile phone.
my fones gone sighned in 2ce and no joy
Comments are closed.