If you have a webcam and are connected to the Internet, then there are dozens of websites using which you can easily take your own picture through your webcam without needing any special software. Cameroid is such a website that allows you to snap your pictures with webcam along with adding more than fifty effects like filter, scenes, distort and frames.
Here is how you can use the Cameroid website to take your snaps with or without effects:
- If your computer does not have an inbuilt webcam, then make sure your webcam is connected with your computer.
- Visit the Cameroid website at http://www.cameroid.com/snap.php.
- The website uses Adobe Flash Player to interact with your webcam and apply the effects. When you visit the website, it would ask you to allow access to your webcam. You should click on the Allow button to let the site access your webcam and mic.
- The website shows your webcam video feed on the page. You can choose the effects from the right-side list. The clear button removes all the effects. The filter button shows various types of filters like negative, strain, hatching and others. The distort button shows multiple effects with different distortion effects. The frames button displays different frames with your picture in the centre.
- When you are ready, you can click on the Take snap button in the left side. You can also choose to take a snap after some delay. The picture is taken and options to print, save it in form of JPEG format image or upload the picture to Cameroid Gallery are displayed.
- If you upload the picture to Cameroid Gallery, then you can share the link on Facebook or Twitter. If you decide to save the picture as JPEG image, then you can also simply upload it to your Facebook timeline and share with your friends and family members.