Mozilla was not happy to see that Microsoft has made Microsoft Edge as the default web browser in the new Windows 10. And it is true that Microsoft is now promoting Edge as their new web browser instead of the ages old Internet Explorer. But at the same time they have also made it very easy to set any installed web browser as the default web browser in Windows 10. So even if you do not like the Edge web browser, you are not forced to use it. You can just install any popular web browser like Firefox, Chrome or Opera and set it as the default browser.
Most of the web browsers will try to set themselves as the default web browser during the installation itself. But if you have already installed many web browsers, then you can choose any one of them through Windows’ settings. For example, here is how you can set Firefox as the default web browser in Windows 10:
- Click on the Start icon and select Settings from there.
- In the Settings window that opens up, select System.
- Under the System category, choose Default apps from the left side.
- Scroll down the apps categories in the right side panel and click on the default web browser under Web Browser. You will be shown a list of installed web browsers in your PC, choose one that you want to set as the default browser (in our case we select Firefox).
- That’s it. All done. Can it be any easier?
Microsoft has certainly made it much easier to set default web browser in Windows 10. Even though the Microsoft Edge is set as the default web browser in a freshly installed copy of Windows, you can quickly set any web browser as your default browser in Windows 10.