Those of you who have updated your older version of Windows to the latest version Windows 10, might have seen the annoying Get Office notifications in the system tray. These are basically Microsoft advertisements for their new Office Suite 2015. If you are interested in buying the Office 2015 suite, then perhaps you may get a good deal from these offerings, but if you are doing without Microsoft Office and are content with alternatives like Libre Office, then you may wish to stop and disable these “Get Office” notifications permanently. These notifications are displayed through an app called “Get Office” that comes pre-installed in Windows 10.
You can get rid of the Get Office notifications by removing the Get Office app from your Windows 10 PC. Here is how you can go about removing this app:
- Press the hotkey Win+I to open the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, click/touch on the System category.
- Choose the Apps & features sub-category from the left side.
- Scroll down the list of installed apps in the right-side and select the Get Office app from the list.
- Click/touch on the Uninstall button and follow the on-screen directions to remove this app from your system.
- Once the Get Office app has been removed, you will no longer see the Microsoft Office advertisement notifications in your Windows 10 PC.
Conclusion: Windows 10 may display notifications in the system tray about “Get Office” discounts. If you are not really interested in the Microsoft Office discounts, then you can simply remove the Get office app from the Windows PC and these notifications will cease to show up.