Edge web browser is now available for the Android devices, albeit it is still in the beta version. When it was first made available for Android it was nothing but a bare-bones web browser. After a few updates it has been turning into an impressive web browser just as you would expect when using Edge web browser in your Windows PC. Even though setting up a default web browser is not that important in mobile devices as most of the time you just launch a web browser from its shortcut in the app drawer and keep using it for as long as you want.
But if you still want to set Edge as your default web browser then you can follow these simple steps:
- Launch Edge web browser in your Android device.
- Tap on the menu (small ellipses) near the bottom-right corner of the web browser to show the menu.
- From the menu, select Settings.
- Tap on Set default browser from the list of settings.
- Tap on Default apps button when it is displayed on your screen.
- This will open the Android settings screen. Tap on Browser app setting.
- A list of all the installed web browser apps will be shown, you can select Edge from this list to set Edge as your default web browser app in Android.
When you set Edge as your default web browser app, it will be used to load the webpages that are opened through other apps. Similarly, the links that you tap on in some other apps will also be opened in the Edge web browser. For example, if you use Yahoo! Mail app and tap on a link in one of your email messages then it will be opened in the default web browser and in this case it will be Edge web browser.