Dark themes are the new trend in the user interface whether it is operating systems, desktop applications, smartphone apps or websites. Everyone is offering dark modes or dark themes to their users. Previously we have covered how you can enable dark theme in Windows 10, enable dark theme in Mozilla Firefox and run Google Chrome with dark theme. Recently we also noticed dark theme in the Comodo Cloud Antivirus and here is how you can go about enabling this dark theme. Apart from the dark theme, Comodo Cloud Antivirus also offers classic theme and a light theme.
- First of all ensure that you have installed the latest version of Comodo Cloud Antivirus. If you have not done so, then you can download it from https://antivirus.comodo.com/cloud-antivirus.php.
- Right-click on the system tray icon of Comodo Cloud Antivirus and select Antivirus settings.
- In the settings window, switch to the User Interface section.
- Select a theme from the list. You can select from dark, classic or light themes. You can also set a custom background color from the color picking tool.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
- Right-click on the Comodo Cloud Antivirus system tray icon and select Exit. This will shutdown the Comodo Cloud Antivirus.
- Double-click on the Comodo Cloud Antivirus desktop shortcut to relaunch it. This time it will use the new theme that you have selected earlier in step 4 above.
The reason why I prefer Comodo Cloud Antivirus over others because it is a lightweight antivirus and does not consume much of the system resources. It comes with a sandbox that runs all the suspicious applications within a virtual environment. All the changes made by applications to your system are contained inside the sandbox and do not affect your real file system – this prevents unwanted changes to your system possibly made by malicious applications.