Skype is one of those apps that everyone should have on their smartphones. It combines all the features from three different types of apps – messengers, VoIP apps and also provides you a virtual phone number. Of course, the free version of Skype allows you to contact other Skyper users only through chat, audio call or video calls. But you can quickly buy subscription to call anyone in the world over traditional phone lines or mobile phones. Similarly, you can order a virtual phone number so that people can contact you over this phone no matter where you are in the world.
While Skype is easiest app in the world to use for communicating with others, it also means that you will often come across undesirable people that you added in the past and now they are harassing you or giving you lots of trouble. If someone is bothering you on Skype, then you can block them easily to prevent them from contacting you again. Here is how:
- Launch Skype app in your smartphone.
- From the list of all the contacts, select the person you want to block. This will show your recent chat session with them.
- From the chat session screen, long-tap on the user name displayed near the top. This will open that user’s profile.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of that user’s profile and you will find the option to Block Contact. It is in red color so it is hard to miss.
- As you tap on Block Contact, it will ask for final confirmation whether you want to block that contact. Tap on Block to finalize the blocking.
After you have blocked a person, they won’t be able to contact you in any possible way. They won’t be notified that you have blocked them. Just they won’t see any response from you. They won’t be able to see any shared information such as your location and mobile number either.