Even though Microsoft’s support for Windows 7 officially ended in January 2020, so many people still love it simply because it was the last version of Windows that could play DVD movies on your PC without any trouble.
The Windows Media Player included in Windows 10 does not play DVD movies and you are forced to buy Windows DVD Player from Microsoft Store which costs $15. Problem with Windows DVD Player is that it simply does not work – it cannot read discs, sometimes the playback freezes in the middle of the movie, and it cannot play DVD movies locked for a particular region.
Fortunately, there are two easy ways to play DVD movies on Windows 10:
Method 1: Watch DVD with 5KPlayer
Known as the one of the top DVD player for Windows 10, 5KPlayer is a free media player for Windows and macOS that offers dozens of jaw-dropping features in its beautifully designed interface. It can be used as music player, HD video player, wireless media streamer (supports DLAN and AirPlay) and as online downloader.
It is a great experience to play DVD with 5KPlayer on any Windows 10 PC for many reasons:
- It is absolutely free and does not cost anything.
- It can play movies from all the regions. No matter from where in the world you bought the DVDs, you can play them all using 5KPlayer.
- You can quickly select chapters from DVD movies.
- You can easily rotate the playback screen to compensate for the vertically recorded videos (recorded in portrait mode).
- It allows you take screenshots and add subtitles for foreign language movies.
Method 2. Digitize your DVD to MP4 video with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is a DVD ripping, cloning, backup and transcoding software that can save any DVD movie in mainstream video formats such as MP4 or MKV within 5-6 minutes.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is an excellent choice because:
- It can rip scratched, damaged, dirty and very old DVDs for video playback.
- It can digitize DVDs and save them on your hard drive, USB pendrive or external drives. This way you can watch DVD without actually needing the disc.
- It can convert very old and new DVD to MP4 in a few minutes.
How to rip DVD to MP4 with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum in Windows 10?
Creating a backup of your DVD movies or ripping them is very easy and fast process with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. You can digitize any DVD or save it as an ISO file in just three steps:
- Load the DVD in the DVD drive of your PC. Launch WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and wait for it to detect the DVD.
- Select MP4 in the output profiles so that you can convert DVD to MP4. You can also add subtitles or adjust the audio level.
- Click on the Run button to start the conversion. It will take around 5 minutes for any standard single layer DVD movie (4.7 GB).
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is the fastest Windows DVD Ripper that can be used to rip or digitize your DVD movies and save them in your PC. It supports saving the DVD in hundreds of video formats along with the ISO image format. It takes advantage of hardware acceleration if you have an Intel or nVIDIA GPU. With its help, you can even recover your old DVD movies that are scratched, damaged and rotten and are not playable using the standard DVD players.