WhatsApp is a very useful app to have on your smartphone as it is one of the most popular communications app for Android. So many professionals and businesses use this app for communicating with their clients or customers. It offers text chat, audio calling and video conferencing with your contacts.
Since it is a communications app for your smartphone, anyone who has your phone can check your WhatsApp messages, conversations, calls, chats and more. This is why it is better to lock your WhatsApp using the fingerprint sensor.
In order to set the fingerprint lock for WhatsApp, you must have a smartphone with fingerprint sensor and you must have setup fingerprint lock for your smartphone itself. For setting up the fingerprint sensor for your smartphone, you can check your device’s Android settings.
Once you have setup your Android device’s fingerprint sensor, you can follow these steps:
- Launch WhatsApp, tap on the menu icon ⋮ and select Settings from the menu that appears.
- On the settings screen, tap on the Account section and then on the Privacy section.
- Scroll down to the very bottom and tap on Fingerprint lock.
- Enable the setting Unlock with fingerprint by turning on the toggle button.
- You will be asked to use the fingerprint sensor to verify your fingerprint. After which you can change the fingerprint lock settings which includes auto-lock time (after immediately, after 1 minute, or after 30 minutes) and whether you want to display the notifications on the lock screen.
Once you have enabled the fingerprint lock for WhatsApp in your Android smartphone, you will have to unlock WhatsApp using your phone’s fingerprint sensor. Depending on the settings for fingerprint sensor in WhatsApp, it will automatically lock WhatsApp immediately, 1 minute or 30 minutes after you have switched to other apps. In addition, WhatsApp is automatically locked after you turn off the screen by pressing the power button.