Windows Defender comes preinstalled on Windows 11 as the default anti-virus and anti-spyware solution. It provides very good proactive defense against all threats of malicious nature. Ever since Microsoft has started including this Windows Defender by default, the malware infection rates for Windows users all over the world have gone down.
However there are many Windows users who wish to install other third-party antivirus solutions which claim superior protection from threats of all kinds. For those users, we have a small PowerShell script that can be used to disable Windows Defender on any Windows 11 PC. Here is how:
- Download Windows 11 Debloater from https://github.com/teeotsa/windows-11-debloat. You have to click on Code and then select Download ZIP.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded ZIP to a folder of your choice.
- If you don’t see a sub-folder NSudo in the same folder as disablewindowsdefender.ps1 then create a sub-folder named NSudo.
- Download NSudo from https://github.com/M2Team/NSudo/releases/. and extract the ZIP to a folder. Copy all files from NSudo Launcher\x64\ folder to the NSudo folder that we created in step 3. If overwrite prompt appears then skip overwriting.
- Right-click on disablewindowsdefender.ps1 and choose Run with PowerShell.
- If you see PowerShell Security prompt then type Y and press Enter to continue.
- All done, now Windows Defender has been disabled on your Windows 11 PC.
After you have disabled Windows Defender on a Windows 11 PC, you will lose all the protection against malware. This is why it is advised that you switch to any other anti-virus solution as soon as possible. There are so many anti-virus products available for Windows 11. These include both the free solutions such as Avast Antivirus, Panda Dome Antivirus, ZoneAlarm Antivirus or AVG Antivirus and the paid products such as ESET Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus, F-Secure Antivirus, Kaspersky Antivirus, Bitdefender Antivirus etc. You should download the setup installer file for your favorite security product before disabling the Windows Defender so that you can quickly install the new security solution.