Jokes are fun among friends but sometimes these jokes can be a nuisance. When someone tries to play a joke on you by sending you a joke program that makes your Windows PC do something crazy, it is really not funny. These joke programs are not really harmful but can annoy the users nonetheless.
Such joke programs can open and close the DVD writer tray randomly, show “deleting C: drive progress bar” on your screen, show “funny” messages such as “a virus has been detected and your hard disk drive needs to be sent to the hospital” and more.
Here is how you can protect yourself from these unwanted jokes using Trend Micro Antivirus+:
- First of all you must have Trend Micro Antivirus installed on your Windows PC. You can download its 30-day trial from https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products/antivirus-plus.html.
- After the installation has finished, you can open Trend Micro Antivirus+ dashboard either through its notification area shortcut or through its dashboard.
- Click on the small cogwheel icon in the Trend Micro Antivirus+ dashboard to open its settings.
- Under the Scan Preferences, you have to select the checkbox labeled Automatically delete joke programs.
- Click on the OK button to save the settings.
After you have saved the settings, you will be protected from the joke programs. If you even download such a program by accident from a website, Trend Micro Antivirus+ will block it and inform you about it. These programs are often sent to you by your own friends or relatives in order to play a joke on you.
You may find these programs as attachments in the email messages. No matter how you receive them, Trend Micro Antivirus+ will be protecting your PC from such unwanted jokes. It will show a notification about a spyware has been removed from your system along with all the other details.