You have installed your favorite add-ons in Mozilla Firefox web browser and you have bookmarked dozens of web sites that you like so much and cannot live without. But because of some reason, the data on your hard drive becomes corrupt, you have to reformat your PC, or you just got a new PC and want to transfer the settings to the new computer. What are you going to do? In these cases, you can simply use MozBackup tool to backup and restore your Mozilla Firefox profiles. All of your customization, add-ons, themes, bookmarks, history, passwords are stored in the backup created by MozBackup.
Using MozBackup you can backup and restore all the settings belonging to a profile. Here is a list of what you can backup for Mozilla Firefox : settings, bookmarks, history, add-ons, passwords, form data, downloaded files list, cache and cookies. You can follow these instructions to backup your Mozilla Firefox settings :
- Close all open Firefox windows. They would interfere in backup up settings.
- Launch MozBackup. You would see a welcome window, click Next to continue.
- Select Backup a profile, select your Firefox browser in the list and click Next
- Choose a profile. Usually, you have only one profile labeled default. Choose a backup folder by clicking Browse. Click Next to continue
- It would ask you if you want to password protect the backup file. If yes, then click Yes and choose a password. Be careful, if you lose the password, you will not be able to restore anything from the backup file.
- Next select what you want to backup. It is best if you backup all of things being shown.
- When you click Next, it would start to create the backup file.
- When done, click Finish to close MozBackup. Store the backup file in a safe location.
If later you want to restore the settings back, all you have to do is run MozBackup.exe again and select to Restore a profile instead of Backup a profile in step 3 above.
You can download MozBackup from http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/.