When you install Windows 7 without supplying any license key, it installs in trial mode. In this mode you can use Windows 7 for upto 30 days without activation. In this trial period, Windows 7 keeps you bombarding with Activation message whenever you go online. This message appears in the bottom-right corner near the clock. If you feel annoyed by this message you can disable it following these steps :
- Press Windows Key + R key combination on your keyboard, to open the run dialog.
- In the run dialog, type regedit and press Enter as shown below.
- This would start Registry Editor. In the Registry Editor navigate to the registry key:
- You would find two REG_DWORD type values named Manual and NotificationDisabled. Double click on one value, type 1 and press Enter. Do this to another value too, thus changing both the values to 1.
- Exit Registry Editor and restart your computer.