Windows 7 comes with a lot of eye candies. Windows Aero Shake is one of them. You can do jiggly jiggle with any window to minimize all other window quickly. This article describes how to use Windows Aero Shake to minimize any open window.
If for some reason you want to disable the Aero Shake feature, you can follow these easy steps to disable it. You would need administrator credentials for this.
- Open Windows’ Registry Editor. To open the Registry Editor, press Windows logo Key + R, type regedit in the Run dialog that appears and press Enter. Windows UAC may ask if you want Registry Editor to make changes to your system, click on Yes.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Policies Microsoft Windows
- Right click on Windows key in the left side tree view and select New → Key as shown.
- Type Explorer in the text field that appears for the new key name, so that newly created key has name Explorer.
- Select newly created key Explorer in the left side. Right-click on the right side pane and select New · DWORD (32-bit) value as shown
- Give this new DWORD value name NoWindowMinimizingShortcuts and assign it value of 1 as shown in the picture. TO assign value, double click on the DWORD value and type 1 and press Enter. Final setting would look as shown
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect.