If you want to save some hard disk space by disabling System Restore, then you can follow the instructions in this article. But note that if you disable System Restore, you will not be able to perform a system restore when needed.
- Click on Start Menu, then right-click on Computer and select Properties as shown in the following picture.
- In the System Properties window that opens, click on Advanced system settings on the left side as shown.
- In the Advanced system properties window, select the System Protection tab by clicking on it. Select a partition for which Protection status is ON and then click on Configure.
- In the window that pops up, select Turn off system protection, then click on OK as shown.
- You would see a confirmation dialog box, click Yes to confirm.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 for all partitions for which the Protection status is ON.