Windows 7 has a new feature called Sticky Notes. They are software version of paper sticker Post It notes which come in many colors. You can use them as a reminder for important events, meetings or tasks. You can paste them all over your Windows 7 desktop.
Using Sticky Notes is fairly simple. You can use the following steps to use the Sticky Notes.
- Open Sticky Notes from its shortcut in the Start Menu. You can also open it from Start Menu → All Programs → Accessories.
- When the Sticky Note opens for the first time, you would see a blank Sticky Note in which you can type whatever you want. If you have previously saved any notes, they would show up.
- You can also edit or format the text of the note. You can make it bold by pressing Ctrl + B, make it italicized by pressing Ctrl + I.
- To create a new note, click on the + sign on the top-left of any Sticky Note.
- To delete a note, click on the cross sign on the top-right of that Sticky Note. If you delete all notes, the Sticky Note application terminates.
- To change the color of a Sticky Note, right click on it and select a color. The colors available are : yellow, pink, purple, blue, green and white.
The Sticky Notes feature in Windows 7 is not only very useful but environment friendly too. You can save a lot of paper by using it.