When you hover your mouse over a minimized window button in the taskbar, a preview window is popped up. By default the time taken for this preview window to popup is 400 milliseconds (0.4 seconds). But you can make it shorter or longer, as per your wish. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type regedit and press Enter to run the Windows Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key :
- Right click on anywhere in the right-side pane and select New → DWORD (32-bit) Value to create a new DWORD value. Name the new registry value as ExtendedUIHoverTime
- Double click on ExtendedUIHoverTime to modify its value data. Enter in a new number for delay timing in milliseconds. Click OK when done.
- Restart the computer or log off and then log on for the changes to take effect.