These days many software install their own extensions in the Windows Internet Explorer without asking or showing a hard to read disclaimer. These extensions can be a headache to your privacy or use your internet bandwidth unnecessarily. But you can disable all the third-party browser extensions if you want. Here is how :
- Open the Run dialog, by pressing the key combination Windows Logo Key + R.
- Type inetcpl.cpl in the Run dialog and press Enter. This will open the Internet Properties window.
- In the Internet Properties dialog, select the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down the list of options and uncheck the checkbox labeled Enable third-party browser extensions.
- Click OK to save the settings.