By default if a drive has no files on it, i.e., it is empty drive then it is not shown in the Computer folder in Windows 7. But you can change the settings for making it show in Windows Explorer. Here is how :
- Open Windows Explorer (just open any folder).
- On the toolbar, click on Organize and then select Folder and search options.
- In the Folder Options window, select the View tab.
- Scroll down the options list and uncheck the checkbox labeled Hide empty drives in the Computer folder.
- Click OK to save the settings.