Windows XP shows the shortcuts of programs with large icons in the modern style of the Start Menu. If you want to change the icon size of the shortcuts on the Start Menu, you can easily do that. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on the Start Menu and select Properties.
- In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, click on the Customize button as shown,
- In the Customize Start Menu window, select the General tab if not already selected.
- Under the Select an icon size for programs group box, you can choose Large icons or Small icons as shown,
- Click OK button to save the changes.