Windows XP shows the shortcuts to recently used programs in the modern style of the Start Menu. The default number of recently used programs shown is six. But you can change how many recently used programs, if you want to. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on the Start Menu and select Properties.
- In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, click on the Customize button as shown,
- In the Customize Start Menu window, select the General tab if not already selected.
- Under the Programs group box, you can change the Number of programs on Start Menu as shown,
- Click OK button to save the changes.