Windows XP highlights newly installed programs in the Start Menu using pale yellow color. This can be useful feature to instantly know where your newly installed program’s shortcuts are. But you can disable it if you want to. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on the Start Menu and select Properties.
- In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, click on the Customize button as shown,
- In the Customize Start Menu window, select the Advanced tab.
- Un-check Highlight newly installed programs as shown,
- Click OK button to save the changes.