The Run command shortcut in Windows XP’s Start Menu enables you to run any command or program by entering the program path name in the Run dialog. But you can also access the Run dialog using the Windows hotkey Windows logo key + R. This makes the shortcut in the Start Menu almost useless. If you prefer to use the hotkey, then you may want to remove the Run shortcut from the Start Menu. Here is how :
- Right click anywhere on the Start Menu and select Properties.
- In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, click on the Customize button as shown,
- In the Customize Start Menu window, select the Advanced tab.
- Un-Check Run command from under the Start menu items as shown,
- Click OK button to save the changes.