Windows XP has many eye pleasing visual effects. But you have to choose from some of them depending on the capability of your hardware. If your system is sluggish and you do not have enough RAM, then you should cut down on the visual effects to boost your system performance. If your computer has lots of RAM and CPU is atleast 1 GHz, then you can enjoy all of the visual effects. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows logo key + Pause. This will open the System Properties window.
- Select the Advanced tab and click on the Settings button under the Performance group box.
- In the Performance Options window, select the Visual Effects tab if not pre-selected.
- You can let Windows choose the best settings for your system by selecting Let Windows choose what is best for my computer.
- You can de-select all the visual effects and turn off the modern XP themes by selecting Adjust for best performance. This is recommended setting for older and slower systems.
- You can select all the visual effects by selecting Adjust for best appearance. This can make your system sluggish if your system is older.
- You can manually choose the individual visual effects and decide yourself which effects to use.
- Click OK button to save the changes.