In the Windows versions prior to Windows XP, the Control Panel shortcut was shown inside the My Computer. This has changed since Windows XP. But if you want to access the Control Panel right from the My Computer, you can do that. Here is how :
- Open any folder in Windows XP.
- From the menu bar, select Tools → Folder Options. This would open the Folder Options window.
- In the Folder Options window, select the View tab.
- Scroll down the list of options and check the checkbox labeled Show Control Panel in My Computer.
- Click OK button to save the changes.