Windows XP has the Run command in Start Menu by default. In the modern Start Menu (as compared to the classic Start Menu) of Windows Vista, if you want the Run command in your Start Menu then you have to set option for the Run command to appear in the Start Menu. Here is how :
The Run command will appear in the Start Menu as shown.
To add the Run command to your Windows Start Menu, follow these instructions :
- Right click on Start Menu and select Properties.
- In the TaskBar and Start Menu Properties window, select the Start Menu tab by clicking on it, if not already selected.
- Click on the Customize button as shown.
- In the Customize Start Menu window, scroll down and check the the checkbox labeled Run command as shown.
- Click OK to save the settings.