Web browser cookies can be used to track down your browsing behavior. Most of these tracking cookies are third-party cookies. Fortunately, Internet Explorer provides an easy way to block the third party cookies. Here is how you can block third-party cookies in Internet Explorer 8 :
- Start Internet Explorer browser by double clicking on its Desktop shortcut.
- From the menu bar select Tools → Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, select Privacy tab.
- Click on the button labeled Advanced as shown,
- Select the checkbox labeled Override automatic cookie handling.
- Then select Block under the Third-party cookies as shown,
- Click OK button to save the settings. Then close the Internet Options window.