If you have many windows open at the same time and you want to switch between them, then you can press the popular Alt + Tab task switcher shortcut key and choose a window to switch to. Very few people know that this Alt + Tab task switcher window can be customized. You can customize this Alt+Tab task switcher window using the Alt+Tab Tuner. You can modify thumbnails size, grid, spacing, fading effect and many more properties. Here is how :
- Download the Alt+Tab tuner from the WinAero website.
- Extract the contents of the zip archive to a folder and run alttabtuner.exe. You will see a window like shown :
- You can change the margins of the switcher window. You can change how many columns and rows, the thumbnails should be placed in. You can set the spacing between two thumbnails. You can change where the application icon is placed on the thumbnail and the size of the icon. You can change the thumbnails size. You can change the fading animation and the transparency of the switcher window.
- If you want to use the Windows XP style Alt + Tab switcher, then check the checkbox labeled Old Style Alt+Tab Dialog as shown,
- After changing the settings you can click on the Apply button to apply the changes. The changes are applied immediately. If you want to undo all the changes, click on the Defaults button.
You can download Alt+Tab Tuner from http://winaero.com/.