When you download a file in Firefox, a Downloads window pops up which shows the download progress information. Whenever want to see the download progress, you have to switch to this Downloads window. Now you can use the Download Statusbar add-on for Mozilla Firefox, which replaces the Downloads window with a downloads statusbar. All the downloads information is shown in the statusbar. To install and use this add-on, follow these easy steps :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/ in your Firefox browser.
- Click on the green Add to Firefox button to install the Download Statusbar add-on
- Restart Firefox to complete the installation of the add on.
- Once you have installed the Download Statusbar add-on, you are ready to use it. Download any file and its progress would be shown in the statusbar. If you hover your mouse over the file being downloaded then you can see the information box about that download.
- You can customize the download statusbar. Click on the Downloads button in the Status Bar and a menu would pop up. Select Options from this menu.
- You can choose a plethora of options in this window. You can choose progress notifications, statusbar mode, various features. You can customize the appearance of the download statusbar. You can also choose whether to scan with antivirus on download completion or not etc.
The Download Statusbar is one of the pioneer add-ons released for Mozilla Firefox. It really adds much more functionality to the boring Download window of Mozilla Firefox. This add-on is a must for all the Firefox lovers.