When you encounter a web page not in a language you understand, you run off to Google Translate service or Yahoo Babelfish service for translation. But now you can translate a web page, selected text or a single word instantly using the Babelfish add-on in Mozilla Firefox. Here is how :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/ in your Firefox browser.
- Click on the green Add to Firefox button to install the Babelfish add-on
- Restart Firefox to complete the installation of the add on.
- Once you have installed the Babelfish add-on, you are ready to use it. First of all you have to select a source and a destination language – to be translated from and to. To do so click on the Bablefish icon in the Firefox toolbar or the bottom-right corner. First select the source language and then select the destination language.
- If you want to translate the whole web page then right click on the web page and select Translate Page.
- If you want to translate just a single word, then simply double click on it. You would see the translation in a popup as shown,
- If you want to translate a selection, then select the text, hold the Alt key on your keyboard and click on the selected text.