When you type a word or phrase in the Google Chrome browser’s location bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard, Chrome uses its default search engine to search for the term. Depending on the search engine, it either displays the search results or takes you to the first web site in the search results. The default search engine in Chrome is Google on a fresh Chrome install. But you can change it to whatver you want. Here is how :
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the wrench like icon on the top-right. Then choose Options from the menu as shown
- In the Google Chrome Options window, select the Basics tab.
- Click on the Manage button under the category Default search as shown,
- In the Search Engines window, select a search engine by clicking on it. Then click the button labeled Make Default as shown,
- Close the Search Engines window by clicking on the Close button.