Windows Vista has a search indexing service which indexes files on your computer for faster file searching. By default, search indexing only index basic few locations like a user’s profile folder etc. But you can add more location as you want. Here is how :
- Open Start Menu → Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, search box type index. Click on the Indexing Options as shown,
- Click on the Modify button in the Indexing Options window,
- Choose a folder to add for being indexed in the top treeview. Click on the OK button.
- Click the Close to close the Indexing Options window.