Windows use a computer name for your computer in order to identify it over a network. This computer name can be anything you want. After installation, Windows Vista asks you for a computer name but you can change it later too. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type SystemPropertiesComputerName.exe in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- Click the button labeled Change as shown,
- Type a new computer name in the text field labeled Computer Name as shown,
- Click OK button to save the settings.
- Click the OK button in the System Properties window to close it.