Google Chrome web browser offers suggestions for navigation errors. So if you type a wrong web address, Chrome may be able to correct you and offer you a list of suggestions. While this is a useful service, but if you do not like this, you can disable this service by following these instructions :
This is what Google Chrome shows when the suggestion service for navigation errors is on :
This is what Google Chrome shows when the suggestion service for navigation errors is off :
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the wrench like icon on the top-right. Then choose Options from the menu as shown
- In the Google Chrome Options window, select the Under the hood tab.
- Un-check the checkbox labeled Show suggestions for navigation errors as shown,
- Close the Google Chrome Options window by clicking on the Close button.