In an attempt to make Windows look more beautiful, Windows XP hides the underlined letters in the push buttons which can be used for easy keyboard navigation until you press the Alt key. But you can un-hide them, if you want to work with keyboard more than the mouse. Here is how :
- Right-click anywhere in an empty aera on the Windows desktop and select Properties from the right-click menu. This would open the Display Properties window.
- In the Display Properties window, select the Appearance tab.
- Click on the Effects button as shown,
- Un-check the checkbox labeled Hide udnerlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key as shown,
- Click the OK button to close the Effects window.
- Click the OK button in the Display Properties window to save the settings.