Windows 7 comes with a program called Windows Customer Experience Improvement program which silently collects your data (your hardware and how you use Windows) and sends it over to Microsoft. If you do not like this, you can always turn it off. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor navigate to
Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → System → Internet Communication Management → Internet Communication Settings.
- You would find a setting on the right hand side pane — Turn Off Windows Customer Experience Improvement program as shown,
- Double-click on this setting and choose Enabled and then click OK.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.
Thanks. I won’t upgrade to Windows 10 because of the privacy concerns, and I just read about this in Win 7.
Comments are closed.