The Windows Sound Recorder included in Windows 7 can record sounds from your input audio devices like microphone or line in cable and save the recording in the Windows Media Audio (WMA) format. If you think that the users are wasting their time by recording the sound too much, then you can disable the Windows Sound Recorder. Here is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor navigate to
Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Sound Recorder.
- You would find a setting on the right hand side pane — Do not allow Sound Recorder to run as shown,
- Click on this setting, choose Enabled and then click OK.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor window.