When you press the Shift key on your keyboard continuously for 5 times, Windows 7 turns on the Sticky Keys feature. Sticky Keys is an accessibility feature which enables you to press a modifier key and keeps it active until you press another key. If you find this keyboard shortcut irritating, then you can disable it. Here is how :
- Open Control Panel and naviagte to Control Panel → Ease of Access.
- Under the category Ease of Access Center click on Change how your keyboard works.
- Click on the Set up Sticky Keys under the category Make it easier to type.
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times.
- Click OK to save the settings.