Telnet Client is a program used to connect to remote computers using the Telnet protocol. This protocol was very popular in the older days of Windows, but it is still used by many. This may explain why the Telnet Client is not installed in Windows Vista by default. If you want to install Telnet Client in Windows Vista, then you can follow these instructions :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type OptionalFeatures.exe and press Enter. This would open the Windows Features window.
- Scroll down in the Windows Features window and put a checkmark againt Telnet Client as shown
- Click OK to start the installation.
- After the installation is over, you can type Telnet in a command prompt window or in the Run dialog (see step 1) to start the Telnet Client.