Windows ReadyBoost in Windows 7 can speed up your computer by using the extra space on the storage devices like USB sticks and SD cards. We have earlier discussed how to use Readyboost in Windows 7 for a storage device. But once you assign a device to use for Readyboost, Windows tries to use it for Readyboost every time you insert it. But do not worry, you can easily turn it off. Here is how :
- Plug a flash drive or flash memory card into your computer.
- Open Windows Explorer and right-click on the flash drive’s icon and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog, select the Readyboost tab as shown,
- To turn off ReadyBoost for this device, click Do not use this device.
- Click on OK button to save the settings.