Usually we visit the YouTube web page, to check for the latest videos that someone (you have subscribed to) has uploaded, liked or favorited. But if you are too lazy to visit the YouTube webpage to check for the new videos, then the YouTube Feed extension for Google Chrome web-browser is for you. This extension notifies you of the new videos when someone you have subscribed to uploads a new video, likes a video or favorites a video or comments on some video.
The YouTube Feed notification is shown in the Chrome web browser’s toolbar. When you see the new videos alert, you can click on it to see a list of the new videos right from the Chrome browser’s toolbar. You can click on a video to visit YouTube for watching that video. Here is how :
- Visit YouTube Feed extension page in your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the blue Install button to install the Use YouTube Feed extension.
- It will prompt you for confirmation. Click on Install to proceed.
- Click on the YouTube Feed extension icon on the Chrome web browser toolbar and click on the Login button.
This would take you to the YouTube login webpage. Enter your YouTube credentials to login to your YouTube account. Once you have logged in, the YouTube Feed extension automatically accesses your latest videos.
- You will see a page to authorize the YouTube Feed extension to access your YouTube account. Only when this extension is authorized it can work as expected. Click on the Allow Access button to allow the access.
- After logging in and authorizing access to YouTube Feed extension, if you click on the YouTube Feed extension icon on the toolbar, you would see a list of the latest videos. The pop-up list might take few seconds to appear. Clicking on a video thumbnail will take you the respective video page on the YouTube website so you enjoy watching it.
- You can also choose which events to be notified for in the YouTube Feed extension options. Right-click on the YouTube Feed extension icon on the toolbar and select Options. The options webpage will open in the Chrome browser.
You can choose the polling interval (how often to check for updates), how many feed items to retrieve. You can also choose which events to show like when someone uploads, comments, rates or likes etc. Click on the Save button to save the settings.