Facebook is the most popular social networking site. Facebook is making it more and more secure everyday. Now Facebook has added secure browsing through HTTPS connection whenever possible. This way the connection between your computer and the Facebook servers would become encrypted and nobody will be able to eavesdrop on the data being transferred between you and Facebook. Here is how you can enable the Secure Browsing through HTTPS in Facebook :
- Login to your Facebook account in your browser.
- Click on the Account on your top-right and select Account Settings from the drop down list.
- Click on the Change link in front of the Account Security as shown.
- Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Browser Facebook on a secure connection (https) as shown.
- Click on the blue Save button to save the settings.
As of January 2011, the HTTPS Secure Browsing is not available all over the world, but soon it will be implemented for everyone. After you enable HTTPS secure browsing connection in your Facebook account, the Facebook pages may load slower as HTTPS takes some time to encrypt and decrypt the data being transferred.