Everybody gets junk e-mail (also called spam e-mail) in their e-mail accounts and most of us just delete them. On some days we get so many junk messages, that we have to waste a considerable amount of time in just deleting them. If you are using the Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail client then you can set it to automatically delete the junk e-mail messages as soon as they are marked as junk in your e-mail inbox. Here is how :
- Open the the Mozilla Thunderbird browser.
- Select Tools → Options to open the Options window.
- In the Options window, select the Security → Junk tab.
- Select the checkbox labeled When I mark messages as junk and then select Delete them as shown.
- Click OK to save the settings.
From now on, the junk e-mail messages would be deleted as soon as they are marked as junk. You have to note that the Mozilla Thunderbird client learns which messages you mark as junk and automatically labels them as junk next time, so some of the messages get deleted automatically.