Most often you want to post the shortened URLs of various web pages in various social media sites like twitter, Facebook etc. If you are a Firefox web browser user, then you are in luck because you can create shortened URLs using the TinyURL Generator add-on. This add-on lets you create the shortened URLs of the current web page, or any link on a web page at the click of a button. Here is how :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tinyurl-generator/ in the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the green colored Add to Firefox button to install the TinyURL Generator add-on.
- It will prompt you for confirmation. Click on Install Now to proceed. Restart your web browser to complete the installation.
- After Firefox has restarted, you will be ready to use the TinyURL Generator add-on. Just visit any website and right click anywhere on the web page to create shortened URL for that page. To create the shortened URL for a link, you have to right-click over a link. Then select Create TinyURL for this page or Create TinyURL for this link from the right click context menu as shown.
- You would see the green-checkmark in the statusbar (or the extension bar) at the bottom-right of the Firefox window, the TinyURL shortened URL is created and copied to the clipboard. You can now paste it anywhere you want by pressing the hotkey Ctrl + V or by right-clicking and selecting Paste.
The TinyURL Generator add-on for Mozilla Firefox is a very productive add-on for every social media addict to have. With this simple to use add-on you can create the shortened URL of any web page and share it on twitter, Facebook and other social media sites very easily at the click of a button.