Windows Vista Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise come with a more advanced backup and restore utility called Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore. This program allows you to create an entire backup of your computer that can be used to restore your computer in the case of system-wide failure. This allows you to not only restore your data but also the complete operating system and other critical system files. But if you are using another third party backup software, then you can disable the Complete PC Backup feature of Windows Vista. Here is how :
You must have administrator level access to perform the following steps.
- Press the key combination Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter to start the Group Policy Editor.
- In the Group Policy Editor, select in the left side tree view : User Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Backup &rarr Client.
- In the right side, find a value Turn off Complete PC Backup functionality as shown.
- Double click on it to open the properties window. In the properties window, select Enabled as shown.
- Click OK to save the settings.