MAC address (media access control address) is the hardware network address for the network interface card which is unique for the system. This address is sometimes used to identify a computer over the network. However, there may be a time when you need to change the MAC address of your network card for pure administrative purpose on a network. You can change the MAC address of your network card either through the network interface card properties in Windows. Here is how :
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to open thr Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Locate your network interface card in the Device Manager under the Network adapters category. Right-click on it and then select Properties from the context-menu.
- Select the Advanced tab and then select Network Address from the properties. Choose the option Value option and you can type your own custom MAC address. The MAC address is in form of twelve digits, so you can type anything like 123456781234.
- Click on the OK button to save the settings. That’s it. You have successfully changed your network interface card’s MAC address. You may have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.