Starting with the version 4 of the Mozilla Firefox, all the options for the extensions (add-ons) are shown in a separate page. Sometimes this makes opening of the options dialog for extensions a very difficult task and hangs the Firefox browser. One workaround for this is to install Extension Options Menu add-on which lets you access the options dialog for various extensions right from the Firefox menubar. Here is how :
- Visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/extension-options-menu/ in your Firefox browser.
- Click on the green colored button labeled Add to Firefox.
- Click on the Install Now button in the Software Installation window that pops up. You will have to restart the Firefox browser in order to activate this add-on.
- After restarting the Firefox browser, you can see a new item added in your Firefox menubar. You can access Extensions Options from Tools → Extension Options and then choose the extension (add-on) for which you want to change the options.
- If you have not enabled to show the menubar in Firefox, then you can also open the options dialog from the titlebar by clicking on the orange Firefox button, selecting Add-ons and then choosing the extensions as shown.
Extension Options Menu is a nifty add-on for Mozilla Firefox that enables you to quickly access any add-on options for all the extensions that you have installed. It can make your life easy if you are a regular Firefox user and try out new add-ons very frequently.